Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Things that don't suck

When I came home from GenCon, I did a couple sketches of games that I'd played in over the weekend and wound up with stuff I liked. Then I started trying to catch up on stuff I needed to be working on, and of course I found I couldn't draw to save my life.

It's been about a week since I've been able to draw anything that I liked, which means I haven't gotten anything done for Drifter's Escape that I would actually show to another human being.

I gave up last night after a few hours of beating my head against a wall and decided to see if I could shake my brain loose by doing an illustration for Thou Art But A Warrior. And man was I surprised when something awesome came out!


CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGE VERSION


I liked it so much that I scanned it and played around with it a bit more before bed time last night and wound up with...


CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGE VERSION

So I'm pretty darn thrilled that I'm managing to draw things that don't look like dog vomit once again. Hopefully that means I'll have some things to post from Drifter's Escape before too long. But at the very least I can post some of the pirates that I did for Vincent before GenCon.

No comments: