Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More work on Thou Art But A Warrior

Well, GenCon is approaching fast, which means that I've been working on finishing up all of the art that will be used in Thou Art But A Warrior. I cleaned up the pencil sketches that were posted before, and those will be used in the book. All that remains is to finish the cover - which I have been rather neglectful about.

Joshua A. C. Newman gets partial credit for this drawing, because he was the one that pointed me to some nice reference images of Muslim depictions of angels. I decided that I wanted to make use of that for the cover, so I drew the following - make sure you click on the image for a larger view, as there's some nice pencil strokes there.

CLICK FOR LARGER VIEW

My husband made the point, and rightly so, that I shouldn't have just an angel on the cover, as this is a game about Muslim knights and not about Muslim angels. So I decided this will be part of a wraparound cover image with the angel on the back cover terrorizing some knights on the front cover.

Rawk.

It's late, and I'll be gallivanting off to Nerdly in just one short day! So it might be a bit before I get to post anything more about this. I'm sure I'll have interesting stuff post-Nerdly, however.

No comments: