Thursday, August 21, 2008

Misery Bubblegum fanart

Here's the only art I've done of any of the con games I got to play - from Misery Bubblegum. I'd like to reflect on the game I played of Kagematsu a bit more before trying to draw that.

Misery Bubblegum is so good. I have to say it again, even though I've already said it. I'm so sad that it only exists in Tony's head, because otherwise I'd be playing it RIGHT NOW.

Anyway. Enough of that.

So the game I played in, we decided after making characters that they were part of an emo-punk band called Microwave Poodle. He was a "Feisty Rebel", which I totally had fun playing. And he had a totally touching ending with the band's drummer, Jessie, as played by Tony.



Despite his bad haircut and penchant for using the f word, Damien turned out really sweet and charming in an awkward puppy sort of way.

The other game I just sat in on, rather than playing. Graham picked "lonely cheerleader" for his character, which made those of us who had played MB before sad just thinking about it, and named her Lily. Even better, he made her an actual cheerleader.



There was something so haunting and lonely about how Graham played Lily. It was sad and really sweet.

If anybody's interested, Tony's opening up blind playtesting over on Story Games. Go! Email him! Play the game! You must!

No comments: