Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Recent work

My website is still down, I know. I'm waiting to get some help with it right now. So, still working on it.

I've been sketching daily at work to get back into practice. Here's one result that turned out rather well:



Something I'm finally starting to work on after wanting to for several years is a series of illustrations based on my dreams. Back in university, I was required to start a dream journal by a drawing teacher. This was when I discovered that my dreams are, apparently, far more peculiar than the average person's. Which, I suppose, bears out with me being far more peculiar than average in general.

Anyhow, I feel like I've finally achieved enough skill in my drawing to really do this series justice. So the other night I did a preliminary sketch based on one of the dreams that has long been a favorite of mine: I dreamed an evil robot was going to destroy the city unless I could make it a good margarita.


I like the face on the right-most robot the best, but the body on the middle robot is my favorite. So I'll probably switch heads on those two.

No comments: