Saturday, December 1, 2012

Campaign funded, 1st stretch goal announced!



It's hard to believe how quickly we met the initial funding goal. After talking about publishing a second edition for several years, I wasn't too anxious about raising enough money to fund printing a second edition - but I certainly didn't expect to meet my initial goal in just over twelve hours! I am immensely grateful to everyone who has helped me reach this point, and to everyone who has backed the campaign already.

But we've still got 44 days to go, so I thought I'd make things more exciting with a few stretch goals. The first of which being:

$1500: New full-color cover by Claudia Cangini

Claudia Cangini is an amazingly talented artist who does absolutely beautiful work:

Artwork used with permission, click for larger view

If this campaign reaches the first stretch goal, I'm very excited to announce that Claudia will be doing a new cover for the new edition. Additionally, backers at the Caliph level will receive full-color prints of Claudia's new artwork. Please help meet this goal, as Fred Hick's gorgeous layout deserves an equally gorgeous cover!

Claudia has done some amazing artwork for some high-profile indie titles in the last few years, including the new edition of Meguey Baker's 1001 Nights and the Italian translation of Dogs In the Vineyard.  While I had fun doing the interior illustrations, full-color work has always been something I have struggled with, and it's important to me to have as beautiful a book as possible. It's also important to me to help support other women working in the gaming industry.

I can't wait to meet this goal to see what she comes up with!

No comments: