Thursday, April 17, 2008

Back online, new images

So the past few weeks have been pretty productive in terms of art-production, what with having no computer and all. I've been going back through my sketchbook and re-drafting sketches done during the initial stages of working on Thou Art But A Warrior. The goal is to clean them up sufficiently to use them in the final book, along with the finished color illustrations.

These are relatively low-quality scans, because I plan on working on these further to clean them up.



One of the things that excited me the most when I started doing research was the beauty of the padded surcoats and the chainmail armor. The armor from this period was just as beautiful as it was functional. I've been having a lot of fun with it.


I've been trying to maintain a balance between Arabs, Moors, and Christians in my illustrations. It can get pretty challenging trying to differentiate, but I think I managed well with this one.




There's something weird with the face here. But I like the pose, particularly the hands. So I'll probably salvage it.

Keep watching this space for new stuff. I'll be updating frequently as I go through my artwork and update my portfolio and revamp my website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will there be Jews, too?

Neat art!