Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The oft-talked about novel about my old job

From the day I turned in notice at my old job, I swore that I was going to write a novel based on my time at [Dysfunctional Company], a 'names changed to protect the guilty' kind of affair. It will make a metric asston of money, because everyone will think it's fiction because it will be just too absurd to be based in truth. I've kept a lot of things that I wrote about my time there, and I've made notes about how such a novel would be structured, and from time to time I consider dusting off the project and making a serious go at it.

The only thing is that every time I start to go through my notes from that time, every time I start to remember all the stuff that made me crazy and angry and miserable about that job, I find myself shying away from the project again. It's been more than half a year, and I still don't know if I have enough space yet to be able to work on this project and actually make it funny.

Huh.

No comments: